Saturday, February 19, 2022

THE BABY

AS I POSTED ON IG, WHAT IS MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS PHOTO?
Not the fact that my Daddy, a professional photographer took it and 
it was one of the last ones he ever took in his career, although that is important.
It is not the way I am sitting on his very famous carpet that us Collins Clan
can tell if a photo was taken by our Dad or not.
Nope that is not it.
It is not the curl on top my head, nor the "Popierre" ears I was born with.
Not the dimple in my cheek or the birthmark that barely shows on my right arm.


For me, it is the simple fact that after 6 other children, i being the 7th
they still loved me enough to put the chain around my neck 
and shoes and socks on my feet.
That the smile I am wearing is because I am looking at
the two people on the other side of the camera that gave me life.
Gave me life more than once.
That at 43 and 45, thinking their family was complete,
accepted the fact that they would have another baby and loved me.
That five years later they would be faced with big decisions
for this little girl and would stand together in hope and faith
and do everything they could to save their youngest child
from cancer.
I cannot wait to thank them again in person wherever the next life takes me.


 

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...