Friday, February 25, 2022

PRAYING CLOCK

While searching for the blog about my clock that

sings every hour to share with a friend,

I realized there is a part two to that blog from January 2021.

Allie and Bryan gave me a clock and during my Covid days

I prayed each time it sang, every hour on the hour.

Once I was better, I told the Grandgirls the story 

and whenever they are here and they hear the tune,

they all stop wherever they are and pray for someone. 

They keep their prayers silent but if you hear the music

you can look around the cottage and will see each of them

stopped wherever they are with heads bent, eyes closed.

Yes, this would be enough for me, but it goes further.

During their Christmas party with friends,

as we sat on the floor of the dining room the clock began to sing,

And not Jemma, who I would expect an outburst from,

but Jilly announces to the 12 girls, " oh every time the clock goes off

we have to pray, and for the whole time the music played everyone 

was silent and yes, jemma had hands in prayer.

I love all the special things that are in their heart.

I hope when the Cottage is being emptied after I die

that one of them picks up that clock, remembers the story 

and puts it in their box of treasures to bring to their own adult home.

 

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...