Saturday, February 12, 2022

Not all are survivors...

 My first cousin died a few days ago of Pancreatic Cancer.

She gave it the good fight, and I believe her fight will help

to make this type of cancer curable in the future.

Survival's guilt, its a real thing.

When the grandgirls friend was diagnosed with cancer,

I hoped and wanted to believe she would be the one,

the one to break the curse of this type of cancer as I had

way back in 1968.

When Wilms Tumor was not so curable and I beat the odds at 5.

This was not to be for this sweet child and it was not to be

for my dear cousin.

Yet, here I am 53 years later, living my best life.

I hope that I make every day special in that I know how 

fortunate I am. Not to feel the survival's guilt but to

live as though I am living for all those other hero's who 

have gone on but left their mark in the cancer world.

I will live with all those in mind knowing that I hold

the torch for so many others who have passed.

When I forget, I will have things to remind me of them

to get me back on tract. 

So Many people right now are fighting their own cancer battles,

find one and be a light for them.

Mail them cards, pray for their families.

It is the least I can do while being the one chosen

to survive the dreaded disease. 

Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...