Saturday, February 26, 2022

A RETURN VISIT....

 Yesterday a returning client who has become a friend

came to pick up his second home portrait.

He surprises his beloved wife twice this way.

The first time we met, he had one baby in a carrier 

and the other, holding his hand. 

I remember going out to his truck to help him with his little babies.

Yesterday he and his 4 year old son are coming through the back door

he tells me that when driving up his little one said,

"I remember coming to this house"

He was just two back then and the Cottage was gray!

How can this little mind remember such a thing.

We ask him, "What did you come here to do?"

"Pick up a picture of our house"

I am shocked this child can remember such detail.

"... and guess what you are here to do today?"

As he shrugs, I explain I have another picture for him.

I walk him over to their home portrait and his eyes grow big.

"What is this?"

"It's our house!"

We go on talking and as we point to the windows,

he tells me that there is his brothers room and

the two big windows? That is his momma and daddy's room.

I ask, " what will I see if I go through that door?"

Putting his tiny hands on the painted door that is so familiar to him,

"You go through there and take about 5 steps then you turn this way...

Then you will see it. My room"

All the while making hand motions.

Amazing that this sweet little boy is so animated and comfortable

because " he has been here before"

Knowing that somewhere in his little memory

there is this Cottage that paints people's homes.

When I repeat the story to my friend I get choked up.

Ya just never know when a little sweet boy will visit and bring you to tears.



No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...