Thursday, February 24, 2022

Remember before WWW?

Last night I was looking through old music sheets to find
the background for my next home portrait.
In one of the many music books I found this on one of the back pages.

 The magazine was published in 1967, I was four.
I have been through this magazine many times but just
never really paid attention to what was "WANTED"
Last night, being late and I was tired,
I glanced at one of the paragraphs and realized
this is how folks found a certain music piece or poem
or book quote back in the day.
No you tube or google to just type in Search,
you had to just write to a magazine, let them know 
what you were looking for and await for someone to hopefully
know what it is you were referring to.
Wow, how much this newer way of doing things have simplified our lives.
Yet, for me a lover of snail mail and sending cards and letters,
how exciting it must have been to perhaps get an envelope in the mail
addressed to you, to open it and there would be that song, that poem
you had been searching for.
You didn't have to worry about putting your address in a magazine
because honestly, nobody cared where you lived 
and the only people who would even give it a second glance 
would be those in which knew what you were talking about.
I had a  thought that what if I made this the new
"Message in a bottle" 
thing.
Look up on some search engine what they were looking for
and mail it to that address to see what response I may get.
I know most of these people are probably not alive anymore
but what if a relative still lives there?
Would they be as excited as I, to get this in their mailbox.
Stay tuned, my mind is spinning...
Those darn squirrels, live rent free up in my head!

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...