Wednesday, March 9, 2022

A THING MY MOMMA GAVE ME...


                                                        "MOM!!! STOP HUMMING!"

 My poor Momma, always humming and always having

to hear me say stop it!

I don't know why her humming irritated me so when I was younger.

Word of caution:

    WATCH WHAT YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT!

So my Momma, always humming or singing.

While I was raising my children and she lived with us,

it would drive me crazy...

Now I catch myself humming all the time!

I hum the Battle Hymn of the Republic,

things that play on my singing clock,

or perhaps the last song I have heard.

To the point that I aggravate myself sometimes.

Even when video taping something I can be heard humming.

Yet most often, I don't realize I do am doing it.

Until recently when, before me feet hit the bed, I found myself humming.

I was brought back to all those times my Momma did the same.

On a hard day I would wonder, 

"What is she so happy about??!

Now I realize, like myself she probably didn't even know she was doing it.

Much like myself.

I want to tell her Sorry for all those times I asked her to quit.

I want her to know that I get it now, As I have inherited this trait

or perhaps from hearing her hum most of my life.

I want to tell the people in my life, bear with me

I know not what I hum....

.... I want to hear her hum one more time...



No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...