Sunday, March 13, 2022

2nd anniversary to the 9th birthday

Jillian Grace Riera is eleven years old today.
She is our first Grandgirl and just a tad spoiled but also the 
sweetest, kindest little girl.
When she came to the Cottage on Friday she told me,
"Mumsie, I gave up my iPad for lent."
If you know our Jilly Bean that girl loves her some iPad.
Whether it be TicToc, Youtube, Roblox, its her jam.
For her to give this up it's a big thing.
So I was shocked, surprised and so very proud.
I usually don't let them play on the iPad except when they come sleep 
and I am on my own laptop and even then, its for a very short time.
We also rarely put the TV on and if we do, like Jilly said, its to watch Wizard of Oz.
(oh she knows me well)
This has been a thing since they were babies and toddlers so its engraved in their DNA.
I have always had many things for them to do and if they said they were bored,
I have a list to pick from.
The "No Whining" sign still hangs on the wall but they are so conditioned
now that they rarely have to sit there anymore.
Back to Friday...
I wondered how this would play out, if she would ask me to play with her but we were good.
Saturday morning, I decided I wold vacuum before I brought her home.
As I did this.... I heard the piano... I had taught her how to play DO-RAE-ME
the night before. I went to see what she was up to, and there she was,
pinging to the new tune she had just learned.
Jilly is a perfectionist, she will sit there and practice until she get it right.
I was touched, and so very happy I never made the piano off limits
to them even when all they did was bang on it. 
I went on to vacuuming and a while later I peaked in to see what
she was doing and again, I was so happy I never made my miniature collection
off limits to them either...
there is was setting up, humming, and organizing the place.
She loves her some organizing.


Not long after, it was time to bring her home.
I could not find her but knew she was not far.
when I returned to the Cottage I  saw she had written this on 
a chalkboard on my pantry door...


Once again I was touched by this message.
You see, there are no double digits at the Cottage.
When she turned 10 last year I informed her and her sisters
that here, they will forever be 9.
They will always just have Anniversaries of their 9th birthday.
Through the year when I remind her of this, either she won't play along
or she becomes irritated with me.
However i have heard her repeat it to friends when they visit the Cottage.
To find this, unprovoked, message right there...... 
Yeah it will stay there until one of them erases it.
Soooooo....
HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY TO YOUR NINTH BIRTHDAY 
my sweet girl. 
Mumsie will always, always be one of your biggest fans!


 

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...