Tuesday, June 8, 2021

A blogger I am....

 A blogger I am, and yet I have not been blogging as much as I should

nor getting my words out there for more to see.

So today, I press on trying to once again blog at least weekly

and to get as many subscribers as I can.

So this morning, let me REINTRODUCE my blog.

lilbitofmumsiesworld.blogspot.com

Is the name of this blog, my old one,

lilbitofmyworld.blogspot.com

is still out there in cyber- world and is jam packed

with writings that I began in 2008.

I am a divorced mother of two adult children,

Roddie and Jesi Riera.

I have two daughter in-laws, Katie and Delainy

and three wonderful grandgirls who call themselves the triple J's.

I live in a cute cottage in the Garden District of Plaquemine

that most know by Mumsie's Cottage...

How did it get its name you ask? (I am sure you asked that)

When my oldest grandgirl was 3 and I had just decided to buy the Cottage,

I took her to ride and view my find.

She was very much into nursery rhymes back then and as we 

drove up she exclaimed,

"Mumsie, it is just like the cottage on Goldilocks and the three Bears!"

and the name stuck. It is now the name of my art business as well

Mumsie's Cottage specializes on home portraits painted on slate and

old music sheets. The story of that I will write again here soon.

I am very blessed to have painted over 160 homes and have over 70 

clients waiting patiently for their own homes to be painted.

I was a nurse for 30 years and retired in 2014 due to medical complications

cause by radiation I received in 1968 for cancer.

Yep, I am also a childhood cancer survivor from back in the day

before MRI's, Ct scans and  protecting normal body areas from radiation.

No bitterness about being a survivor however, I know that every day I awaken

and am able to do the things I love is another day I am grateful for.

Also working on a book about the life I have lived and stories from

my battle of cancer as a child.

In a nutshell this is me, Lilly, Momma, Mumsie.

Stay tuned for more interesting topics....

Follow with me on this journey called life by 

subscribing to this blog.

Thanks so much to you all!


1 comment:

Brian Mooney said...

So glad to read this as always! Thanks for sharing!

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...