Tuesday, December 28, 2021

TO THE LEAST OF MY BROTHERS...

 He was unshaven and disheveled,

When I saw him pull over to go through the pile

of "unwanted" that I was making in front of the Cottage.

As I approached him to add more to the pile

I said to him, "Take whatever you want"

so as not to scare him away.

He looked up at me shyly and I continued to talk

so as not to embarrass or scare him away.

"I am just trying to clean up some of these many books and toys

the Grandgirls have accumulated here."

He asks about a few things in the pile and then shares

that he is raising his 8 and 11 year old grandchildren

and it was a "Poor" Christmas.

I continue to make conversation so he also shares

that his wife was in the Attic on Christmas morning and

fell through and broke both her legs and is now 

awaiting surgery at their home.

I can see the worry on his face, the tiredness around his eyes.

"And you have two little ones?"

He rolls his eyes and adds, "... and their Mom"

It can't be a good situation.

I tell him again he is welcomed to anything out there

and I leave so as not to stop him.

As I go inside the Cottage I can't stop thinking about this man,

those children the same age as my own grands,

I have so much, I am so blessed....

I grab money out of my wallet and look out the window

to make sure he is there. I want to share the money I just

received from painting Cardinals but he is gone...

Then I am reminded of something I was taught at religion,

that story of the poor man who goes up to the rich king and is 

turned away while he gives to the rich.

Maybe that was my chance to be a disciple.

"WHATS SO EVER YOU DO TO THE LEAST OF

MY BROTHERS, THAT YOU DO UNTO ME."

#searchchances2022



No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...