Thursday, December 16, 2021

The loving plate

I had a bigger plate in the spare bathroom for years.
During Ida my godchild, Tedi was here and loved the idea so I gifted it to her.
Yet I missed that plate so much.
It was a place to leave sweet nothings to others.
A few months after, I was looking for something to give my coffee friends
and I found a smaller version at Tuesday morning.
I had to buy an extra for my spare bathroom.
It did not get used as much as the older one did but it was there
for me to leave love notes to visitors.
I forget about the plate sometimes but it always has a dry erase pen 
ready and willing to be a part.
Yesterday while cleaning up in there I see this message from Jilly.

Anyone who knows me, knows my main goal as a Mumsie
is to leave enough memories in their hearts so as always to be a part of them.
This note shows me I am doing a lot right.
It is not so much her sentiment that pulls at my heart strings
but also how much she absorbs all the things we speak of.
for instance, I always sign my name instead of writing LOVE with a heart.
Here she does the same. the AKA is especially memorable for me.
One time while looking at an art piece I had painted she turns it over and sees
LILLY AKA MUMSIE
She asks what exactly does AKA mean.
I go on to explain that because I have many titles to different people
I add AKA which stands for  "Also Known As" and sign Mumsie.
She makes no more comments or asks no more questions about this.
Time has passed since that conversation.
So to see it here displayed has me "Verklempt"
(old SNL word, sorry for the spelling)
I choose to believe she uses it in other places as well 
and tells her friends what AKA means.
They are listening my readers, keep teaching.
 

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...