Friday, October 4, 2019

THE GRAND WEAVER....

I have once blogged about Libby,
a library app. that you can borrow books and audiobooks
from the library without ever leaving your home.
I listen to so many books while painting home portraits.
This week, I pick a book called
THE GRAND WEAVER by RAM ZACHARIAS.
It is an audio book explaining the ways of proof
he has found that there is another life after this one.
While I never struggled with believing there is 
another life after this one,
since my Mom died, I have struggled with the adventure
that takes place from this life to the next.
I know this is Faith and maybe my Faith is not where
it should be. So I begin listening to the audiobook 
read by the writer, he goes into the failings of 
us mortals thinking miracles no longer happen.
He share many stories of things that have happened only by 
the Grace of God.... one story in particular, has me not only 
teary-eyed but also making me realize that miracle abound us,
yet we so often trip it up to be "coincidental"
He tells of a story of an acquaintance  of his, Staples, while fighting in WWII,
on the day of August 8th, my birthday, his Navy vessel was hit and
began to sink. This man was swept overboard with the blast.
He had much damage to his body but he held on to 
a narrow life vest he was able to blow up with a trigger mechanism.
Many hours later, after being in the water, he was rescued 
by a passing Destroyer and returned to his safe place.
The Captain attempted to beach the liner to stop further
loss of lives but it failed. Although this man found himself
alive, he also found himself back in the water, in survival mode.
He was picked up again at lunch time by another vessel
the USS President Jackson. One of 500 of the survivors.
Staples, hugged onto this life vest knowing it had saved his life.
He memorized and scrutinized every written word, all the numbers
on this life vest. It had been manufactured by Firestone tire company
of Akron, Ohio and he memorized the registration number.
Once home and recuperating, he asked his Mother, who worked 
for Firestone, what the registration number meant.
His Mother began explaining that the company insisted 
on the personal responsibility to the help they were 
giving to the War effort, each employee was given their
own number, only used by that employer.
Staples, remembering every aspect of this life piece,
quoted out the number he had memorized from so many
months before. There was a moment of stunned silence and
then his Mother spoke,
"That was my own personal code, used by no one else but me,
I was responsible for that small piece of rubber that saved your life."
Amazing, the one who gave him birth and was responsible for
his DNA gave him rescue in the swirling waters.
For me, this is more than a coincidence but divine intervention.
A great story for all to see miracles like this happen daily,
we just have to look for them.
If looking for a new read, this one is worth your time!



No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...