Saturday, September 14, 2019

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

There are two things, well two times I look forward to every day.
One is when I decide it is time to clean the brushes, close up the studio
and go to bed. Not to sleep but to read, watch You Tube,
write or journal. It is a quiet time for me.
It is also a time for reflection.
Yesterday, my great niece posted something on FaceBook:

WHEN YOUR HEAD HITS THE PILLOW TONIGHT, 
REMIND YOURSELF THAT YOU
HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB.
BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF, AND
REMEMBER THAT BIG THINGS ARE ACHIEVED
NOT ALL AT ONCE, BUT ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Wow, my great niece, found a definition for what I do nightly,
reflection.
A clear head and heart to begin the very next day like
rubbing an eraser on those old green chalkboards.
Not to make the same mistakes but to take those things
you may have done wrong or could have done better,
store them somewhere and learn from them.
BUT
Don't let the days of old weigh you down,
start each day as your would reboot your computer,
a fresh start.
My second favorite time of the day is my mornings.
I love sleeping in my bed that my daughter in law, delainey
calls  "the real cloud" but by 4:30/5:00
I am itching to get out of bed.
I have a coffee addiction. It is the first thing
I think of when my eyes open.
I love waking before others, to a dark outside
and the smell of my coffee brewing.
I take my sweet cup of brew, to sit on 
recliner heat pad in place and open up
this here MacBook and see what is happening with my 
friends in the cyber world. It's a time where I 
begin to form some type of blog or writing 
on a topic I either was a witness to or something
that is just in my head, clogging it until I get it
down somewhere.
I can't tell you just how much these quiet early mornings
mean to me.
These two things in my life keep me happy and
trying to be the best of me I can be.
I falter, we all do. Well except for Jesus as Jolee
points out to anyone who says someone is not perfect....
that is a whole blog in itself.
Find those things in your life that you look forward
to in your life and see them for what they are,
the things that keep your inner clock ticking....
"One Day at a Time"
Thanks Ange' for the inspiration for this blog.

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...