Tuesday, February 4, 2020

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em....

Although most know when grand girls come
here we don't watch much tv and only get on 
Ipads at night or first thing in the morning.
As Jilly told me her Daddy said that is like
her cup of coffee...
I like that analogy.
I know its a different world they live in
and I know that technology, internet, game playing 
on Ipads is and will be in their lives.
Kudo's to their parents and Guilbeaux grandparents
for making sure what they are on is safe and 
monitored. 
That sets up where I am going with this blog.
Jilly and JoJo love Roblox.
A game where you can go into different places
and play with others.
Two night ago, Sunday, Jilly face timed me and
asked me to play roblox with her.
One, I love that now at 8, she can FaceTime me
when she is on her iPad. I love that I actually have
a Roblox account because of them.
So she is at her home and I at mine, we
minimize our FaceTime but stay connected
and we play Farm land Roblox together.
Yes, I may be too old to be playing games but
she loves teaching me as she goes along,
building her farm. I get to see JoJo and Jemma
on FaceTime as they come in to talk and watch
us play. A new connection with the grandgirls.
I always remind them, listen to Momma and Daddy's rules
and don't give Mom no trouble or I will stop playing with
her. I also have found myself, even after she tells me 
goodnight, I continue to play. It has taught me how
to grow crops, take care of the animals I buy by 
selling the fish I catch or the gardening I do.
It really is a site that teaches some responsibilities to
children. Not all Roblox sites are like this, 
but this one is fun and more so because I get to 
share a little time with the girls even when they are not here.
So, if you are looking for a way to  mix
into the world of the children of this era, 
look into this. I am beginning to look forward
to the FaceTime calls saying,
"Mumsie, if Momma lets, can we play Roblox?"
Yes, my sweet girls, when I can I will. 
 ( photos I accidentally took while she was teaching me... I am
a novice, I have lots to learn from them)

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...