Thursday, April 18, 2019

..IN SPEAKING OF A LEGEND....

We all have people in our lives that we look to as being
a hero, a mentor, someone who made a difference in our lives.
For me, the one who always resounds is Dr. Fisherman.
However, since beginning to write this book,
I have found out so much I didn' t know,
for instance, his name was not Dr. Fisherman but Dr. Fischman.
Wow, all my life I had it wrong.
He is the man whom I am told who made all the decisions 
of my medical care way back in 1968, the one man I 
could thank for his wisdom, for curing my cancer.
I reached out to Touro Infirmary which was like my second home
for many years and am overwhelmed by the responses I am
receiving.
From the first email response from Jonnie Honse Sutter,
who shared it with Touro archivist, Florence Jumonville,
then shared with Josh Fredmann, Foundation manager.
In such a short period of time, I am getting so many answers.
Today I share of connection with Dr. Fischman's son, 
Dr. Nathan Fischman. He too received the email
and after I texted his personal number he sent,
he called last night. 
When hearing his voice mail I was both nervous and excited 
to return his call this morning and that I did.
What a wonderful man, who took time from his clinic hours
to hear and share a little bit about his Father with me.
At one point, we both were a tad choked up.
I realize this man is the link to a part of my life.
Before hanging up he hoped that he and his three sisters
could one day soon meet me and continue with stories
of the family man he was. I cannot wait.
I am energized, this book will happen!


No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...