Thursday, August 5, 2021

QUE' SERA, SERA...

 WHEN I WAS JUST A LTTLE GIRL, I ASKED MY MUMSIE,

WHAT SHALL I BE?

SHALL I BE PRETTY, SHALL I BE RICH?

HERE'S WHAT SHE SAID TO ME

QUE' SERA, SERA,

WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE,

THE FUTURE'S NOT OUR TO SEE, 

QUE' SERA, SERA...

I have sang this song most of my life, way before

the word Mother was changed to Mumsie.

My momma sang it to me, I sang it to my children.

Then the GrandGirls came along and changing 

the word Mother to Mumsie became a hit with them.

I have and still sing this to them every night they sleep

at the Cottage. 

I have taught Jilly how to play it on the piano and

many times when she plays it, I can hear all three of them

singing it surrounding her at my red piano.

I don't think they have any clue that "Mumsie" in the

song is not accurate, that I changed it.

It makes my heart happy each time we sing or make

reference to the song.

Yesterday the three of them came to the cottage

to work on their Daddy's birthday gift.

While here, we were playing Tenzi's

(if you have not heard of this dice game, look it up, it fun for all ages)

they decided they wanted to give me a massage like at a spa.

Well I was all for that, as I laid down on the round chair 

in the library, I could hear them discussing low music 

to sing like when getting a real massage.

As I felt their small hands on my head, back and 

shoulders I closed my eyes and they began to sing...

"When i was young, I asked my Mumsie..."

out of all the songs they knew it is this one they chose to sing.

I barely could get my phone on record before they finished

but I did get this little snippet of their sweet voices:


"BE STILL, MY HEART"
As I realize, this song is engrained 
in their heart as a memory.
For the rest of their lives they will sing this song,
bringing back memories of me and the cottage.
If really lucky, they will always believe
that the word Mother was never a part of 
the song sang so many times.




 


No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...