Friday, February 5, 2021

2021 Be....

 Remember that blog of the New Year?
When I picked my word for the year 2021?
Crazy how it seems so long ago.
I left on Jan 1, 2021 to go to my sister and BIL camp
Came home on the 3rd feeling very sick 
and was diagnosed with Covid pneumonia on the 4th.
Longes month of my life....
I have said it aloud and said it to myself, 
I have written about it and thought a lot about it...
Covid has changed me. I thought,  maybe at first
it was a temporary thing just being grateful for Frank and I's
health but my thoughts remain different from how I
felt prior to becoming a statistic.
BE......
it is still my word for the year....
BE who you are, don't let others change how you feel about anything but,
 BE a good listener, if another has a good point that you have
not contemplated be open to change.
BE someone you would be proud to know.
BE kind to everyone, let others know you appreciate them.
BE quiet when you feel a disagreement coming on,
let another become peaceful before bringing up a problem.
I am still a little unsure of just how much I want to share
about the changes in me. I know some will not agree
and others will think my Covid Brain is still not clear.
I will say this,
Before getting Covid, I wore a mask most times but 
now I am a mask wearer all the time. I do not want to 
ever have to go through Covid again, I also
don't want to take the chance of ever giving this to anyone else.
Before Covid, BC as the boo calls it,
I was not going to receive the immunization.
Now, I have my name on a list to receive it when I can.
My doctor said I have to wait 90 days after having Covid
before I can get it but said she recommends me getting it
because I may not be as lucky with another bout of this virus.
I have my name on a list at my pharmacy for when my time comes.
I will end with one more be
BE proud of your beliefs and your choices so as to stand behind
them.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I get my second shot next week. I've always worn a mask, but I double mask now. Trying to stay safe. I don't doubt for a minute that having something as scary as Covid has changed you in some way -- most of our saddest and happiest moments do just that.

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...