Friday, August 16, 2019

When God throws you a rope.....

There is that old joke.....
I think it goes something like this....
THERE WAS A GREAT FLOOD AND BOUDREAUX
FOUND HIMSELF ON HIS ROOF, SURROUNDED
BY WATER, NO LAND IN SIGHT.
HE HEARS A HELICOPTER IN THE SKY 
AND RESCUE HELP ASKS IF HE NEEDS HELP
"NO, IT'S OK, GOD IS GOING TO SAVE ME"
NEXT BOUDREAUX HEARS A BOAT,
STILL NO LAND IN SIGHT.
"GET IN, WE ARE HERE TO RESCUE YOU"
BOUDREAUX REFUSES,
"GOD WILL SAVE ME"
FINALLY BOUDREAUX SUCCUMBS TO THE RAPIDS
AND DROWNS. AS HE MEETS WITH GOD
HE IS DISTRAUGHT,
"GOD I SO BELIEVED IN YOU, BELIEVED YOU WOULD 
SAVE ME AND HERE I AM AT THE PEARLY GATES.
GOD, IN ALL HIS WISDOM ANSWERS,
"BOUDREAUX I SENT A BOAT AND A HELICOPTER,
WHAT MORE DID YOU WANT?"
Yeah something like that.
This has been a difficult few days for me.
Randy and I have decided it is time for us to go our separate ways.
I had been struggling with decisions about this.
My health had not been the greatest,
his health at a dangerous place,
I was confused as to where to go with the relationship
and feeling quilty as even though I was helping him as much 
as I could but worrying about my business, family.
I had been praying for help, "God let me know what I 
should be doing here" As we all do, I was worried what
other people would think if I took a break from the
relationship when he needed the help the most.
I won't go into detail as to what went down, that is
not important or the reason for the post.
I will just say, I prayed, and the answer was thrown in my lap.
To not listen to that sign would be like 
being Boudreaux and ignoring what is right there in plain view.
It has been a hard few days for the both of us.
Then this morning a dear friend of ours posts these two 
quotes and I am in awe, I know this is right for the both of us,
as hard as it is....



Wow! things I needed to be reminded of this AM as
I forge ahead. Please keep Randy and his health 
in your prayers.
It is hard to break up yet, I still care about how this all
turns out for him.
We will find friendship after we work out the details.
Thanks for reading.












No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...