Friday, November 16, 2018

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE IS NOT ONE SIDED....

How many times have I spoken of 
"wearing my rose colored glasses"?
More than I dozen I am sure and for whatever 
reason my world is nicer like that.
I have been so busy and can, I think, call myself 
an artist as from the day I painted a painting of 
one of my friends home I have been non-stop in painting
homes. No complaints, honestly, just find myself painting
morning until night.
Wednesday, however I took the morning to attend the
grandgirls Thanksgiving mass where I witnessed the smallest
of good deeds that melted my heart and found me
wiping away a few tears.
Cathy, the grand girls other grandmother (KD's Mom)
struggles with Parkinson's disease.
Cold weather makes it harder for her yet she wanted
to make mass so I scooped her up and we headed 
to St. John mass. Only the Bean is old enough for mass
as the other two rug rats cry when we leave.
Bean is always so conscious of making sure she spreads
her love between her two grandmothers.
I know she is just 7 but she understands, somehow,
that we both adore her.
When it was time for communion, although she will not
make her first communion until Spring, she likes
walking up, hands crossed over her chest, and get
a blessing. She held my hand up and Maw Maw was
in the back. It was a hard day for Maw Maw,
having to use her cane but she made the trek up there.
As I received my host and Bean her blessing,
I continued on but Bean stopped.
It took me a moment to realized what she was doing.
When I did my hear filled with pride for this child.
She let go my hand stopped, right there in front of
the whole congregation while her Maw Maw 
received communion.
Then I realized exactly what her plan, where her actions
were going....
She was waiting for her Maw Maw to help her back to her
seat. Oh, BE STILL ME HEART!
As Maw Maw Cathy walked away from the altar,
cane in hand, Bean held her other hand and walked
slowly with her down the aisle and all the way back
to our pew, made sure she was seated, then took her
place between her two grandmothers.
I bowed my head in prayer to cover my eyes 
that were wet. I don't know what Cathy and I did
to be grandparents to three sweet children but,
in the season of Thanksgiving, I am so very thankful
that our oldest grand girl is filled with the gift
of kindness and giving.
(written with Cathy's permission)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...