Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Cami-girl gets a car....



....AND YOU GET A CAR, AND YOU....
No it's not an Oprah moment,
but my second to youngest god child, Cami
finally received her wheels!
It took her a little longer as most of her friends,
one, she had to do a few things to get her life in order,
then she had to get her license and a job,
Now while waiting to join the National Guard,
she had to save enough money...
This is where her Nannie came into play.
Let me take you back almost 20 years ago....


Cameron Tamplain is not only my godchild, she is also 
my great niece, born to my nephew and his teen girlfriend.
My nephew was so not ready to be a Daddy and her Mom
did the best she could at the time, loving her was one thing
she did well. My sis, Rosie, being her Gammy helped where
she could and I was the best Nannie I could be as I was 
also still raising my own rugrats.
But I did one thing that stands out to me, in her life.
I did not know what her future would hold and
I knew all holidays as a young child she would have
what she needed. So I opened her up a savings account.
Every birthday, every Christmas, every Holiday,
I would put the money I would have put into a gift
she would forget about, into this account.
It did not seem like much but by the time she was
16/17 there was 2,000 dollars.
At that time I was going through a divorce and had
to stop adding to it so I cashed it in and just waited.
Waited for her to finish growing up,
waiting for her mom and her Daddy,
who have now grown to be two fine parents after
their own growing up and her Dad sobering up, starting
a sweet little family as well as her Mom.
So time passed, I reminded her Dad about the money
that he had totally forgot about.
I explained that when he thought she was ready to be
responsible with the money I had it ready for her.
This week he and I spoke and she had found a car
in Mississippi. 
Then she and her Gammy drove to my house to get the
gifts I have given her over 16 years,
enough cash to buy her first car!
It was a wonderful day and I am honored that
i was able to give her her first car.
It may not be much, but it is hers, paid in full
and she seems not affected at all that her Nannie
gave very few gifts as a child.
So if you have a little child you love,
be the one that instead of giving those toys they
won't play with by the end of the day, clothing
that they will either not like or will outgrow so quickly,
think of opening them a savings account so that
when they become "ready" you can have a hand
in their first car, house, etc.
I have never regretted this decision and if anything,
was honored that the smile on her face
when those keys were handed to her,
well, I played a small part in it!
I love you Cami-girl!

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...