Tuesday, August 7, 2018

MISSING THE DA!


Yesterday a family friend added this photo to Facebook in 
Bayou Memories and right away I became so lonesome for
this man, my mom and the Boo's Mom, Mrs. Barbara.
Being born to older parents I was spoiled beyond rotten.
He was the one who did most the spoiling.
Some who knew him would never believe how gentle
and kind he was to his last three girls.
He melted around us, and once he retired he truly liked
us around him. As he and I got older, and he became sick
he was very irritated often and liked his cussing when
things were not going his way, but when I was around
he always became a gentle man.
Mom worked and he raised the last three of us girls.
He was a master cooker and we put in our orders in the
morning for supper when we got home.
This photo, however, was before me time.
Back when he was a photographer
he not only took every picture at Golden Meadow High School 
but he also put the year books together.
Our family had a copy of every yearbook he made.
Imagine how upset we were in 85 when Hurricane Juan
flooded our little towns we call DTB (down the bayou)
and we lost them all.
Thanks to Rhetta Domanque for reminding me of
the life he lived before his littlest girl was born.
Missing him big this AM!

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...