Friday, August 17, 2018

A VERY UNEXPECTED BIRTHDAY SURPRISE!


When you are blessed with the very best bestie's, bestie baby and boo, 
You are already blessed beyond measure
but Saturday, Saturday was one for the books.
I am not a dumb girl, not even "blonde"
but like the boo says, I have squirrels in my head,
I am not always fast on catching on to surprises.
Let me share this very awesome story.
On Friday, the boo texted me that we had a craving 
for Grapevine, our most favorite restaurant in Donaldsonville.
I thought nothing of this request as it is our fave.
We had plans to do some cleaning at his new place
but hey, Grapevine on a Saturday, didn't take much
to convince me.
That morning I texted with the bestie's like most mornings,
boo asked how they were,
"Laurie is getting things done" 
 "Ann and Moody are going look at campers."
As we headed to Grapevine, I suggested maybe
we should go to the new sushi place in Plaquemine.
"Nah, I want Grapevine"
Okay, not complaints here.
We drive up, lots of cars as usual,
I walk in first and there I see
Ann, Laurie and Lindsey.....
My first reaction, spoken out loud,
"Randy, Ann and Laurie are here, I can't believe
they came to Dville to eat and didn't tell me, I am so pissed!"
Then I tell the hostest, "We are going to sit with those
Biatches right there who didn't tell me they were coming here!"
And as I walk to the table fussing at them for not
sharing with me that they were coming to eat here,
I finally notice a chocolate cake and then,
I realize, the gathering is a surprise for me.....
OH yes, I felt like a dumb one then....
Come to find out, Laurie reached out to Randy
to get me there for Saturday to surprise me for my birthday.
So, they were all in on it but me and I am very slow sometimes....
How honored to be loved by so many, if I had nothing,
no material possessions, only the love of these three women
and the boo, I would be a rich woman.
I never feel like I deserve these types of surprises.
I always feel they all do more for me than I for them
and for that I am touched, it was hard to hold back my tears.
My Mom told me a long time ago,
"Being able to pick good friends is a talent as they
will be with you through your whole life."
My Mom had one of those in Mrs. T-Lloyd, best friends since
they had been in elementary and stayed bestie's until the day
my Mom died.
As I have reflected on this gathering at my favorite restaurant,
planned by the man I call my boo and
the three women I love so very much I am still in awe of
how it all happened. Our distance from our homes have
slowed down our gatherings but not a day goes by that
we don't touch base via texting or phone calls.
Yes, I will say once again, I am blessed beyond measure!
  I never, never
take advantage of that, not on my birthday or any other day.
The bestie baby, Lindsey really has become a bestie as well.
I love her as my own.
Thanks, Ann, Laurie, Lindsey and Randy for going
out of y'all way to make me feel so very special.
I love and adore you all!!!!

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...