Tuesday, April 24, 2018

MY TOWN...

Seems like everyday, as I open up my computer,
or phone there is another from my home town of Golden Meadow
who either passed, is battling Cancer,
is sick and not likely to pull through.
Although all below Lafourche Parish Intracoastal belongs
to another breed of people, it seems like our little bayou is 
fading fast.
I am now soon 54, soon to be 55,
and I am honored, thankful for the childhood I had.
Many of these same people I speak of has added to my
little childhood world.
How do you say "Thank You" to a whole community
who made you the person you are today?
Writing a blog seems to be such a small thing
yet it is what I do.
Having met a new friend through the Boo,
Lisa Poche Calhoun 
who has written her first Novel,
SUPERFLARE
THE FORTUNATE ONES
I am beginning to finally put together all my 
writings, journals, blogs to write my very
own book.
I know my childhood life being lived in 
lower Lafourche Parish, especially in Golden Meadow,
will be a main part of my first few chapters.
My love, prayers and part of my heart lies
always with the families  and town that 
made me who I am.
"THE TOWNS THAT BUILT ME"

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...