Saturday, April 8, 2023

Everyone knows how I value my time with the grandgirls.
As they get older, they seem to have full schedules but when they
can come sleep, they still get excited.
If you follow my blog, you also know how much i work on
giving all three memories with Mumsie to last their lifetime.
Jolee is the quieter one of the three but
the most sensitive, does not get over excited like the other two
and is more apt to entertain herself with a book in the library or
a craft in the studio. She needs less stimulation
and when its time to go to sleep, she does not really want the cuddles
and won't request prayers and songs be sung to her.
Yet, i still do it and she does not resist.
If she is not too tired, she sometimes will even sing along.
Because she is too young for a phone and only has her
iPad when allowed, I rarely get any messages or videos from her.
So I was surprised last week when I received a video text from her.
It was Jolee in the car with her Momma and her sisters.
"Mumsie, the Ed Sheehan song you sings us at night is on the radio"
She then goes on to pan to her Mom... 
"Say hi to Mumsie"
Then goes to each of her sisters saying the same thing.
Then the radio plays the main part of one of the songs I sing to them
and she sings along with the chorus,
"...EVERY NIGHT I'LL KISS YOU AND SAY IN YOUR EAR,
OH WE'RE IN LOVE AREN'T WE,
HANDS IN YOUR HAIR, FINGERS AND THUMBS, BABY
I FEEL SAFE WHEN YOUR HOLDING ME NEAR,
LOVE THE WAY YOU COMFORT MY FEARS
YOU KNOW HEARTS DON'T BREAK AROUND HERE..."
Jolee's love language is definitely words of affirmation.
The video ends there and yes, my eyes were sweating.
It matters, those little things we do....
It matters....

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...