Sunday, May 8, 2022

People say, I am the lucky one.

 People say, I'm the lucky one....

They also may say,

"Woman stop bragging about your kids"

However, it's my blog, and it's Mother's Day.... so here I go.

My kids, MY KIDDO'S!

I know the two I birthed are mine so, therefore,

I think they are the best things and also the best things I have ever done in my life.

In my eyes, they are the best of myself and their Daddy.

They are not perfect, but as I used to tell them when they were young,

"I am perfect because when I make a mistake, I say I was wrong"

(yeah it used to work when they were young)

I try not to bother them much with my personal issues 

and I try to be there for them however I can.

The table were turned two weeks ago when Hugh died.

I was distraught when finding out and called Roddie first.

He did not hesitate, drove here and put me in his arms and just held me.

He let me cry then sat with me until I told him he could go.

He visited with me the next morning as well and we talked about the big stuff.

To see him and Katie not only there for our family but supporting

me and our people, not hesitating to show their true feelings as well.

Yes, I also was blessed with the best two daughter in laws...

Then my Jesi, My gypsy baby....

Her pain the last few weeks has been palpable to her Momma.

Yet, I watched her....

I watched her drive herself right to Thibodaux to be with family that needed her

as much as she needed them.

She stayed, she showed up, she brought food.

I watched her and Sweet D at the funeral, bringing comfort to as many as they could,

all the while she, trying to deal with her own loss.

She was amazing, greeting people, making sure Ellen and Owen were fed,

hovered around them sat with them during one of the hardest times of their lives.

It didn't end there, I watched in admiration as she was not afraid to show 

her tears, knowing it was okay. Sweet D never left her side,

holding and distributing kleenex to all who needed. 

I watched and thought, she is like me in so many ways, 

and also so much her in even more ways..

Sometimes it takes a tragedy to see another side of your family.

Sometimes it takes a tragedy to remember just how blessed we all are.

Sometimes so many miracles happen while we try and figure this crazy world out.

On this Mothers Day, I wish you all a wonderful day.

If you still have your Momma, let this day be the one

you put past hurts aside, even if you can't have her in your life,

let her know you are who you are, good or bad, because of her influence.

You will miss her... no matter how you love or feel about her now.

To my own Mother, there on the "other side"

You, my dear, are the reason I love the way I do.

Happy Mothers Day to my Daddy too, 

because as a youngster, it was he, untraditionally at the time,

who raised us last ones while my Momma worked.

There are lots of Daddies out there who deserve their own Mothers Day.

Thanks to Roddie, Katie, Jesi and Del,

I get to say, I am a Mother.

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...