Friday, January 21, 2022

St.Louis Cathedral, THE END OF THE ROAD

We all know the famous St. Louis Cathedral in NOLA.
However if you ever took a walk down Royal Street at night you 
would see the beautiful site of God's shadow largely on the back side of the Cathedral.
It is this vision that my friend, Tina sent me to put on my list to paint.
I have seen this myself and always wanted to paint it but just never did.
Her photo is what finally had me commit to doing it.
I have seen many photos and painting of the front of the Cathedral 
and there are many photos of this image but I don't see many paintings of it.
As I searched through endless sheets of music as I now do with each 
home portrait I do, when I came across the
 END OF THE ROAD
I knew it was the correct words for what this image means to me.


 Although the address of this side of St. Louis Cathedral is
Pere Antoine Alley, it can be clearly and best seen from 
the streets of Royal and Bourbon Street.
I imagined a man or woman, down on their luck, out drinking 
and/our drugging on the streets of Bourbon.
As they are stumbling and thinking their life has not purpose,
they have chased away all the people who love them, they turn to their left
and there, at the end of the road they see the image of God.
They are transformed, they know what to do, When you think you 
are at the end of your road, choose God.
Yeah, I know, a deep thinker I am.
I hope when looking at this image you too know that
When we come to the END OF OUR ROAD 
it really is just the beginning of His Road.
Thanks for going along with me on this journey in my head.

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...