Thursday, January 20, 2022

TIME...

 My Dad, for as long as I knew him awakened each morning at 4AM.

As a child, Just thought that is what Daddy's do,

as a teenager, I knew I had to be home before 4am or there would be trouble.

I often wondered why he would wake up so early even on days he

was not going fishing. 

Now, as I have blogged about many times, getting older myself

I finally understand it as I find myself up most morning at the crack of dawn.

Age never bothered me much, I was not one of those that regretted birthdays

or went into depression when I turned 40 or even 50.

Something happened when Simone died, I realized that I am considered

an older person to many. A Senior Citizen to some.

Time that used to pass so slow as a child, now seems like

before I realize it, it is late afternoon and another day is gone.

I don't want to waste time sleeping, I want to wake early, get my

Cottage in order and paint or visit.

Time spent sleeping is necessary but sleeping late into the morning

is no longer something I crave like that of a teenager.

Therefore, i find myself waking up at a time in the morning like my Daddy.

At 4:00am before most are up to pray, blog, journal, plan my day.

If I happen to sleep until 6, I feel cheated of a few hours.

I get it now, Daddy. I know you didn't think you would die at 63,

but you knew your time here on Earth had now become less than more.

It's a realization that must come to many and the calendar years may differ,

but we all dying a little more each day so make the best of it.


1 comment:

Brian Mooney said...

Wonderful insight, as always! Thanks so much for sharing!

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...