Monday, November 15, 2021

My Daughter is...

 My Daughter is Gay....

She is also a Chef,  married to her best friend,

and an Entrepreneur.

She loves animals, especially Her and Del's.

She knows so much about water buffalo's,

works on a farm where they are raised.

She is open and honest, starting to talk to strangers

just like her Momma.

I started this blog with a sentence that should not be important.

Not many parents or people have to start a conversation with 

" My child is straight"

This thought came to me on two occasions this week.

One when a new friend asked about my family portraits

on the piano. I felt the need to explain my Daughters wedding photo.

The other was while speaking to this same Daughter about 

another person who had yet to come out.

I made the statement to her of "Why should it matter,

we don't go around saying,  so and so is straight"

And this very statement got me thinking that a blog was in order.

As I realize I do this very same thing when speaking to 

someone new,  of

Jelaini's relationship (what I call Jesi and Delainie).

I asked myself, why do I do this....

One reason is because I am very proud of these girls.

Even more so after having them live with me for the last three months

following Ida. They are a good team, they cook and try new things

all the while talking about everything. They have a better relationship

then
what  I see in some heterosexual ones.

Yet, I realize the main reason I do such a thing is because

there are still so many people that will pass judgement

or give their negative beliefs on the subject of homosexuality.

I say it to let them know, Beware of what you say,

I am the proud parent of a gay child.


No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...