Sunday, September 19, 2021

THE HOLY TRINITY

 Friday night I had the pleasure of having this

conversation with my 6 year old grandgirl, Jemma.

"What did you learn at school today?"

"I learned about the Holy Trinity, There is only one God, Mumsie

but... Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost"

She was sure in her facts but seemed confused as to how 

could one God be three other things.

I explained to her, the way I had been explained as a child:

"You know how your Daddy is your Daddy, but he is also

a Son and a Brother and a Husband?"

"yeah...." her mind absorbing...

"Well, God is like that, he is God but he is also 

the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit"

"Ohhhhh, that makes sense"

Now Jemma is sometimes known for not hearing

a whole story and you are not always sure how much

she heard before moving on to her next adventure.

We left the conversation like that and went on playing 

"fooosh" which is what we call a pillow fight at the Cottage...

Saturday she came along to visit my oldest sister who is

now in the nursing home here in Plaquemine. 

As we sat outside reorienting my sister to what happened to 

our Bayou and why she is in Plaquemine, Jemma 

had a few things to say....

"Taunt Mone, you know about the Holy Trinity?

There is only one God, but he is also the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.."

as she does the Sign of the Cross.

My sister asks her a question and she says,

"Like you know that I am Jemma, one girl

but I am a sister and my momma and daddy' child..."

Oh "Be Still my Heart"

I love this child!




No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...