Thursday, April 15, 2021

Parenting vs. Grandparenting

Parenting Vs. Grand Parenting

One of my very good friends, Tina posted a wonderful post

just reflecting on her thoughts on the above topic.

She brought out such good points recognizing many 

differences she has seen and felt in her heart.

Tina and her hubby were great parents. 

I know this because their son is the epitome of

what a good Husband and Father should be.

A hard worker, just like his parents.

Her facebook message of reflection had me 

agreeing with so much she said.

I just had to share my thoughts on this subject.

Here is the paragraph I commented under her post.

 I Love your reflection and we tend to think with the same mind and heart. 

I have many times had to same perspective.

 I now believe, it is why so many say what they do about becoming a grandparent. 

As parents, we just cannot love the same as we do the next generation. 

We have too many responsibilities at that age for them, ourselves and our families.

 So I try not to regret the things I was unable to do 

for my children when compared to the grand girls.

 Yesterday, however my daughter called me and just in conversation

 she brought up how she feels we all need mental health days. 

She reminisced how much she always loved her birthday

 because on that day I always took off work 

and let her skip school to go on an adventure. 

I beamed inside. A wonderful memory for both of us.

 Yes my grandgirls, I hope will have many more memories and traditions

 surrounding Mumsie and the Cottage, but I didn't do so bad as a Momma. 

You and Tony did a wonderful job with your son.

 Just look at how he and his wife parent their babies.

 They learned it somewhere.....Hmmm thanks Tina, for the beautiful writing,

 it has sparked me to write a blog entry. Love you girl! 

It has been a great way to start my day.

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...