Saturday, June 1, 2019

"THERE IS UGLY EVERYWHERE BUT I STILL BELIEVE BEAUTY EXISTS

I awakened this morning to find that my Godchild posted
about a shooting in Virginia Beachwhere he and the Boo's nephew
are stationed in the Navy.
I awaken to funeral arrangements of a dear friend, Jody 
who as my brother in law reminded me,
"...always happy, it was contagious..."
and I remember his laugh, you just had to laugh 
when you heard it.
Then I see the title of this post,
THERE IS UGLY EVERYWHERE BUT I STILL BELIEVE BEAUTY EXISTS
and it is how I choose to live my life,
not focusing on the negative things but 
trying to see the beauty in every day.
It is not always easy, I remain naive on many topics
such as Planned Parenthood Assc.
I didn't even know there was such an organization until
the Boo asked me how I felt about it.
Being a Catholic girl I thought he was talking about 
"the rhythm method" which the Catholic Church taught.
He informs me there is a group called this that supports
abortion. Maybe it would help the world if I did know
of such animals, but I choose not to.
Because I want to focus on the beauty.
Like a summer soft ball game for grand girl
where the little ones have fun with their friends in the park.
That is my beauty, things I concentrate on.
An afternoon where both Gypsy baby and Boo 
are here, conversation with the two of them.
This is my beauty.
When I sit at my studio desk with a home portrait there
for me to paint as I loose the time of day listening to
audio book, this is my beauty.
So I say this AM, prayers for all those suffering on Virginia Beach,
prayers for Jody and all those who loved him.
As for me, reapplying my "rose colored glasses” I leave you with this:

THERE IS UGLY EVERYWHERE BUT I STILL BELIEVE BEAUTY EXISTS.

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...