Monday, January 8, 2024

FEARLESS (Lilly's version)

Each year for the past 15 or so, I pick my word for the year. 
The word that will be my focus, something I want to work on.
This year, My word is
FEARLESS

Yes, just like the rest of the World, I am obsessed with not
only the girl we know as Taylor Swift 
but her love life, with Travis Kelce.
Having just started a new relationship at about the same time
as the Swift/Kelce began it has made it more interesting to me.

I go into this year wanting to be fearless.
At 60 years old there should be little I do fear.
I am content and happy, have the best little family,
the best friends, best job as an artist.
Yet I become intimidated by things in my life.
For instance, in my art, I am always becoming intimidated
by something new I want to do.
I have so much commission work doing what I love 
but become fearful when it comes to doing something new
or allowing myself to just be free with my art.
I hesitate wondering if it will be liked by others.
I then tend to stick to what I know people like and will pay for.
This year, I want to change that. I have been inspired to reach
out of my comfort zone and try doing new things.
If I don't like it, it can be just for me.
If I like it and become brave enough to put it out there
for others to see, that would make me fearless.

Another area in my life I have been fearful in the past is dating.
Well, not really dating but the relationship part.
I have often jokingly said,
"I love dating, it's the relationship part I don't like"
and in my 10 years of being single, it has held true.
I have met so many wonderful friends through dating,
some I have lost last year.
However, the long term relationship part always has me afraid.
Afraid to have to change my life, afraid to get hurt,
afraid of putting the work in,
afraid that with age comes sickness....
Lots of fears especially because I am so very content now.
However, I have met someone who I want to date.
I find myself wanting to take it slow but also wanting
to know everything about him.
I want to be fearless with this relationship.
I don't want to overthink or rush anything, just want to enjoy the ride
and know that whatever happens, I will be a better
person for just having known him.
When you are almost 60 and you meet someone who
makes you feel beautiful, showers you with attention 
and appreciates your work, your family, the life you lead,
Well, you can't just let that go.
So this year, I focus on being 
FEARLESS, Lilly's version.

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...