Saturday, October 30, 2021

What is your number?

I was listening to a PodCast the other night where the host

was explaining that we cannot keep more than 150 people

close to us, in meaningful relationships because if we do

they are not meaningful or long lasting.

That if more than 150, you just cannot keep juggling more 

in your life and so some relationships will falter.

In some cases this may be true but I had to investigate

if this is true in my life.

So I began thinking of not only my immediate family but also

my extended family, nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews,

and now even great, great ones.

I have always been the family oriented type,

staying in touch with all these family members.

I not only try my best to reach out to my cousins near and far,

to keep them in the loop of my family as much as I can.

This could be about 100 right there because I am blessed with 

such a large unit.

I also have many friends that I stay in touch with, 

those from my childhood, those from my nursing career,

those clients I have met through my art business.

There are friends I have met on Match and there

are friends I have met in Plaquemine.

There is my wonderful Garden District friends,

those who I love entertaining at the Cottage for 

coffee or game nights.

Last but not least, my four children and my grand girls.

One of the best things that have come about from Hurricane Ida,

is having Jelainey (Jesi and Delainey combined) be with 

us here in Plaquemine for the last few months.

We have re- established the close bond he have had in the past.

Having them here, hanging with myself, Katie Roddie and the girls

has been the best time, we have missed them and I know not all was

bad with Ida. We will remain close once again as we realize

what we had lost due to being busy. We are not willing to give that up again.

My Triple J's, my grand girls...

My time with them, be it quality over quantity due to my Art business,

It is special times and when they are any of a number of their

friends calls me Mumsie..... I melt.

When I run into parents of their friends and they respond to me by calling me Mumsie

I smile. When the neighborhood children come over to hang with me

be it for a snack, hug or to learn some type of craft I am in my element.

With all this being pointed out I know my number is much higher than 150

and I would like to believe I am holding each one up the highest standard

that I can as I know the best gift I have ever been given is the "gift of gab"

and I feel I use that gift to make as many as I can feel important.

So as you read and contemplate this blog, try and figure out,

What is your number?

Then try your best to make each one of them count.

1 comment:

Brian Mooney said...

Such great writing and glad to stay in touch with you!!!

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...