Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sometimes you make a difference when you are not even aware.

Yesterday was a day with the besties and Lindsey, a bestie baby.
We had a great long and leisurely lunch at Grady V in Thibodaux.
Many may have complained with our wait of 3 hours
but we had a lot to catch up on.
Yet this is not my blog....
I had to go to Best Buy to return something.
Since I was close to Houma I decided to return there.
I am at Customer service explaining I didn't have
a receipt when the beautiful black girl 
was staring at me.
"I know you, you were MY school nurse"
The way she said MY was like even though I have 1200 
children under my care, she felt like I was hers.
Ashley her name says and I look in her face for the
little one and I do think I remember her but she remembers lots.
"Nurse Lilly, I used to love going to your office. I have
outgrown my asthma"
I am more surprised of how this young girl has become
a beautiful adult, who has come so far from that little girl.
I asked if she did have a sister, she says excitedly. "Yes"
She goes on to say her sister now lives in Idaho and
the grandmother she lived with has now passed.
I asked her how did she know it was me.
"Your voice and your face, I will never forget you because
no matter what, you were always kind and you had
those special peppermints you gave us."
I am just tickled about how much she remembers,
"I wish I could go back there, I loved it there at TES"
It makes my heart happy to see her all grown up, with 
a job, looking healthy and a beautiful young woman.
She was one of those children I worried about,
raised by a grandmother who basically took care of herself
and her sister. The fact that I made some type of difference
in her life and left her with good memories proves
one of a statement I use often,
"It takes a Village to raise a child"

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...