Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A NEW FLAMBOYANT FRIEND!

I have always loved meeting, speaking to flamboyant
men, always think they can become some of my best friends,
but usually when I meet such a lad, 
it is a quick encounter.
Such was the case one day last week when
I was between testing and had a little time to kill.
Where else to hang out than a booth rental flea market.
As I explore a corner I hear a loud voice,
"Girl, IT BE DARK IN THIS THERE CORNER TODAY!"
"Yep" I answer.
He then grabs a pair of used Oxfords, bright yellow in color:
"GURL, THESE BE FINE WITH THE SUIT I HAVE TO WEAR!"
I've no doubt he does.
I show him another pair that are not quite as loud, that
can be worn on most days. They are an expensive shoe
with some wear to them. He slides them on,
"GUH, THESE SLIDE RIGHT ON MADE FOR ME,
they so comfy....
I'm going ask them to go down."
they are 30 and while they are worth it for that brand I 
understand from further conversation that my new friend
is without much extra money.
He comes find me in this huge place,
"Twenty fie, won't go down mo"
Darn I say to myself and to my new pal.
As I walk around, looking for deals, things to repurpose,
He and I keep running into each other, having 
different conversations each time.
I give him my business card because one, 
I can see us becoming friends and two,
he is interested in possible hiring me to do a few things
for him. Each conversation makes me feel closer to him
and has me thinking of those shoes and how I want him
to have the shoes that fit him so perfectly and how
I just collected 25 bucks from a scrap job I had done.
Finally, I hear this colorful man checking out
and I just cannot let him leave without those shoes.
I hurry to the dark corner where we met, where
our new-one day friendship began, and I grab
those shoes, run to the register, put the box on the counter
with the 25 dollars and I hug him and walk away....
I see his shock, tears in his eyes.
He does not say No, no sign of protest, just
shock and pure love in his eyes.
He allows me to be the giver of
a RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS
and I have the pure satisfaction of knowing
that those beautiful, wild shoes will walk the
streets of Bourbon Street with my flamboyant 
friends feet nestled in their comfort.

No comments:

the inspirational JEMMA KATE

 MY NEIGHBOR DIED... The grand girls didn't know him well but they knew him and they knew he was my friend. Last night I had the pleasur...